Some days I feel like chocolate and other days, something Berry Merry and fresh, and that my friends was today! I went to the store hungry. Be honest, when you go to the store hungry, you want everything everything in sight. Oddly enough, my sight was set on cooking and preparing and things that delight. In a not so unhealthy kind of way. I started with “sandwich steak”, mixed sweet peppers and salad mix, and ended up grabbing my two favorite berries, bananas, mint, chives, cilantro. I went home ready. I accredit this vibrant cart to Chopped, I’d been fixated on the Cooking Channel and Food Network for the past week and suddenly, I thought I WAS America’s Next Top Chef. Well I’m the chef in my house at least.
I didn’t want a quick fix, I wanted to enjoy foods that would entice and entertain my entire palate. Then there’s that IG saying that “you make/eat it if you don’t photograph it”, am I right? Then I thought, it’s not real if you don’t share! So there you have it.
So let’s gather our ingredients and get to crafting the most deliciously decadent Berry Merry Banana parfait you’ll ever have at home.
Berry Merry Banana Parfait
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Banana
- 1/4 Cup of Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup of Blackberries
- 1/4 Cup of Vanilla Almond Granola
- 1/8 Cup of Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup of Vanilla Yogurt
- Take 1/2 of slice bananas, raspberries, and blackberries and combine. Pour into cup.
- Take 1/2 of vanilla yogurt and pour into cup.
- Take granola and chopped walnuts and mix together. Pour half mixture into cup.
- Take 2nd half of fruit mixture and pour in cup.
- Take 2nd half of yogurt and pour in cup.
- Take 2nd half of granola walnut mixture and pour in cup.
- Garnish with one raspberry, one blackberry and a sprig of mint.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This can be as big or as small as you'd like. Measurements are approximate. The mix of textures and flavors will make your mouth and stomach Berry Merry!
May this Berry Merry Banana Parfait, make you feel very merry this holiday season and all year through!
Do you get inspired by the shows you watch? What’s the last thing you prepared?
Leave us a comment below and if you like it, pin it, love it, share it!