Last week was a bit of an emotional roller coaster, darkness without sunshine. I strive to be as transparent as I can be with the people in my life. But sometimes I retract and retreat back into my safe place. Often times that means, I’m not as socially active as I normally would be. My blog tends to take a hit when this happens and for that I apologize to you, my readers and fans. I strive to create consistency and there are some things in life for which you simply cannot plan how you’ll react and respond and how it impacts the world around you. Please forgive me for not being consistent through my roller-coaster last week. I think, it’s what makes me real, human, imperfect and I am okay with that and I hope you are too.
Create Your Own Sunshine
Sundays and Mondays are usually the days I try to share both my self-love journey posts and motivational posts. So here I am, being as transparent as I can be, trying to motivate and inspire you all to accept that you are human, you are imperfect, and you are flawed, but it doesn’t make you any less amazing. Through the darkness and rain, sometimes you have to Create Your Own Sunshine. As I worked through all of the dark and negative emotions and feelings that overcame my heart, mind and spirit, I learned that at the end of the day I had to create my own sunshine, because nothing or no one would do it for me. You alone have the power to brighten or darken your day. Yes, people can make an impact in your life with words or gestures, but it is up to you to make the choice to shine your light.
When you shine your light, you not only shine it within you, but you emit a light that can brighten other lives as well. Darkness doesn’t not breed light, darkness is darkness. So what do I/we do to overcome darkness?
- Pray: Simply stated, give it up to God.
- Journal: When I’m dealing with things, talking it out of my head through my pen helps so much to gain clarity.
- Create: Make pretty things to surround you or share with others.
- Sleep: Take a nap or go to bed early.
- Treat Yo’self: Buy things that make you feel good or happy, doesn’t have to make sense. For me, it’s supplies.
- Read: I read inspiring books to uplift my mood.
- Talk with Friends: Friends who will listen without judgement and give you sound advice to uplift your spirits.
- Be still: Just sit in silence, grab a cup of coffee or tea and just relax, look out the window. Just take it all in.
How do you Create Your Own Sunshine on days where it seems so clouded and dark?
I’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.
When others (including myself) need to create their own sunshine, we can refer back to this post for ideas.